Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hidebook

I think I'm officially over Facebook. What started out as away to reconnect with people or make new friends has morphed into a game-playing, politically-opinionated monster with deformed arms and legs. One that never shuts up, doesn't get along with anyone, and wastes all my free time.

So I am back to blogging. I don't think I'll even bother cross posting anything here to Facebook, because no one will be able to find it, thanks to their new subscription feature.

When you "right click" on any friend's name, you see this:


The default, for all your friends, is "most updates". What this means is that you have an even lower chance of your friends seeing your updates.  How does Facebook choose what "most" is?  If you don't interact with them every second of every day, you'll probably get buried under a pile of political claptrap, baby pictures, and nail salon updates.

And I don't know how the fuck Facebook knows what's "Important" since there's no way to flag your updates.  The good thing is that you can still unsubscribe and hide idiots, as I've done today.

Or maybe they're all just hiding me?

7 comments:

Lucky Free Slots said...

Nowhere to hide the signing session. February 22, 2011. by Grant Crusor. There will be some reading of the book, information about the inspiration behind the photo.

Tiago Couto said...

Great post, i like your blog maybe i'll stop by sometimes! :)

Tiago Couto

www.midnightconceiver.com

Idol lash said...

Really, really thank you very much! I was looking for that kind of information.Lastly I've found.

Volcano Vaporizer said...

This is a element that you may need to either value yourself and provide a spot or attract the progression.

Idol lash said...

This is a feature that may be necessary or code yourself and submit a patch or a guarantor of the development.

Theresa Jean said...

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/facebook-reminders-ecards-someecards.png

Buy funginix said...

This is a function that you may need to either value yourself and provide a spot or attract the progression.