Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Want REAL Cake for MY Birthday

Back in the olden days of Facebook, not a day went by that you weren't deleting or refusing lame virtual gifts from friends. Crap like virtual teddy bears, roses, beers and pastries would come in all day long.

I was damn relieved when they all seemed to vanish, along with the quizzes.

Yesterday was one of my friends' birthdays. When you visit a friend's page on their birthday, a little box pops up asking you to buy gifts.

I had assumed they were these same old virtual gifts that I had been avoiding, until I clicked through and saw this:



What kind of sucker spends money to send virtual birthday cakes to their friends? Are people that naive and lazy now? And how can I capitalize on this?

You know, back in my day, we'd go to the store and buy a present - or at the very minimum, a birthday card, sign it, put a stamp on it and mail it.

(and no, I don't know who the hell "Britney" is - her name just appeared there by default)

No comments: