Thursday, October 29, 2009

Book Review (Unpaid Endorsement)


So, yesterday, I got my copy of You Better Not Cry by Augusten Burroughs. And guess what? I almost did cry. From laughing.

Augusten has a magical way of writing that makes me want to write again and reminds me of why I started in the first place. His writing is incredibly visual. He brings you right there, using just the right words in every sentence. I find that I have to re-read certain phrases because they're that original. And that funny.

If you've never read anything by Augusten Burroughs, you have been missing out and I feel sorry for you. All of his books are equally good. One of my favorites is Dry. I could read that until the end of time.

Also, Augusten Burroughs is gay. If you're a fucking prude and that makes you crinkle up your nose, then go read Little Red Riding Hood. After that, go play with sharks.

No comments: