Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stop Me If You've Heard This One


I'm sitting here shaking my head right now.

Here's a breakdown of why:

This is the original email I received as forwarded to me:

The movie "Corpus Christi" is due to be released this June to August. A disgusting film set to appear in America later this year depicts Jesus and his disciples as homosexuals! As a play, this has already been in theatres for a while. It's called "Corpus Christi" which means "The Body of Christ". It's revolting mockery of our Lord. But we can make a difference. That's why I am sending this e-mail to you. If you do send this around, we just might be able to prevent this film from showing in America. Let's stand for what we believe in and stop the mockery of Jesus Christ our Savior.

Where do we stand as Christians? At the risk of a bit of inconvenience, I'm forwarding this to all I think would appreciate it, too. Please help us prevent such offenses against our Lord. There is no petition to sign, no time limit, or minimum number of people to send this to. It will take you less than 2 minutes! If you are not interested and do not have the 2 minutes it will take to do this, PLEASE don't complain when GOD does not have time for you because He is far busier than we are.

Hey, it's worth a shot! Apparently, some regions in Europe have already banned the film. All we need is a lot of prayer and a lot of e-mails.

JUST GET THE WORD OUT!


Now, this made my blood boil, because it came from someone that I've known for years. We haven't seen each other for years, but she knows my story. In 2000, when I told her I was gay, she told me that "if I ever changed my mind" that she was available.

Because, after all, it's a choice, right? Maybe she'll get bored and become a lesbian, or maybe get a sex change!

I was insulted that she'd forward an anti-gay email to me, so I unleashed the ChrisFuryTM on her:

What the fuck, (name omitted)? You forward me a gay bashing email? That's more disgusting than whatever "blasphemy" you think is in this film. Homosexuality is not the worst thing on this planet. Religion is. It does nothing but pit naive sheep against each other, while the hypocrisy of the church is quietly ignored. Religion is not but a way to control people with fear and threats of hell.

Maybe you should think about who you forward hateful emails to next time. Not everyone is living in the fucking stone age.


I didn't hear back from her, but I did hear from one little troll who sent me not one, but two laughably illiterate replies:

Reply #1 relax chris! dont talk to maria like that. Shee could send emails to who ever she wants and foward them to who ever she wants as well..!!! if you dont like it delete it..!!!

GOT IT LOOSER!!!!


If this chick is a school teacher, then we have more to fear than some movie.

Reply #2 I JUST FIND THE WAY U SPOKE IS VERY DISRESPECTFULL.. I DONT KNOW YOU BUT I DONT ACCPRECIATE THAT AT ALL...

It's the classic "all-caps" crazy bitch rant. A favorite of mine.

So I wrote back to this little shit head:

I don't know you, but I hit "REPLY ALL" as a reminder that not everyone is going to sit silent on this issue.

Her sending this email to me is disrespectful. Instead of sending hateful propaganda to all the people in your mailbox, she should have thought of who might be offended by it. How about I forward some pro-Turkish muslim emails around? Let's see who gets offended then.

I have not heard or seen (name omitted) in years. It insults me when this is the ONLY contact I have from her - or anyone else. It's one thing to stop hanging out with someone, but when you get nothing but chain letters from them, it's a bit juvenile.

It's okay, though, because I'm going to change my email settings to block her. I don't need someone like that in my life.


After I sent this, I thought, "This Corpus Christi thing sounds familiar, I'd better Google it."

And then my rage turned to embarrassment as I learned that this email is nothing but a hoax which originated in 1984. See for yourself at Snopes.com

Unfortunately, the people who continue to forward these emails aren't doing it for laughs. They're doing it because they are stupid sheep who would rather raise hell, pitchforks and flaming torches at the ready, instead of thinking for themselves or looking it up on the Internet.

I don't care. I'd rather have a small group of friends who can think for themselves instead of a large flock of sheep who can't.

5 comments:

nikoeternal.com said...

UMMM.....Chris, don't be embarrassed that it's a hoax. If anyone should be RIDICULOUSLY embarrassed, it's her, because she showed her true colors. The fact that there is no such movie only gives credence to your stance. In fact, you should "reply all" again and tell them ALL that there is no such movie!

Chris said...

But it's pointless, because at the end of the day, you are dealing with simpletons pushing 40.

nikoeternal.com said...

If you don't I will!

Glory von Hathor said...

If standing up to this sort of hate-mongering scum-spam makes you a disrespectfull looser, then the world needs more disrespectfull loosers.

Hamamama said...

Dear Looser,
Fuck all of those that emailed you about Corpus Christi and the horses they rode in on. My blood boils for you too - but good for you for speaking up. I know it's easier said than done, but dont waste your time and energy on them. They're the "loosers," that they dont have you in their lives.
(Name Omitted) can kiss my fat ass.


xoxoxo