Friday, May 1, 2009

No, Really, I Don't Have Multiple Personalities

My work email has an incredibly deft spam filter, so it's very rare that spam actually gets to me.

Lately, I've noticed that someone out there is spoofing my actual work email address to make it appear as though I'm emailing myself.

Obviously, I'm not stupid enough to fall for this, so I ignore and delete all of the emails.

Unfortunately, this only serves to piss off the spammer, who has resorted to hostile subject lines to get my attention.

They have the added effect of making it seem as though I am emailing myself and getting annoyed when I don't reply - to myself.

(Click to enlarge)

2 comments:

The Warden said...

I've actually sent back really nasty messages to those Nigerian scams. It felt good too.

Chris said...

That's one of my favorite hobbies. I have written some of the most vile things you could imagine. And yep, it feels sooooo good.