Friday, January 30, 2009

How About a Nice Tie?

Larry's birthday is next Saturday.

And, as of now, I am totally unprepared.

Last night I asked him, "So, what do you want for your birthday?" And he replied, "Something that doesn't cost money."

I guess that's a start, but I really don't want to make it seem like I forgot, or that I didn't care. I do care, a lot, but Larry is picky fussy secretive hard to shop for.

Like the X Files, the answer is out there. For Christmas, he wanted a tea kettle.

"Ooh, so grandma wants a tea kettle?" I asked him, condescendingly.

I'm clueless right now. Of course, I can't spend a ton of money. We're having money issues because of the renovation.

When it comes to holidays and birthdays, I always tell myself, "Next year, you'll be better prepared." or "Next year, you'll have the money saved up and the list written out." I fantasize about being known for impressively wrapped fabulous presents, with funny cards attached, inscribed with witty one-liners inside.

And then, a week before, I'm scratching my head and kicking myself for postponing it. I have no money, and no clue.

Any suggestions? My coworker Lori just sent me this:


I don't know. I think it's too soon for another pressure cooker.

3 comments:

Hamamama said...

besides the pressure cooker, arent you the best present ever? how come there are no onions in that photo? where did the onions go???

Christopher said...

Child, just wrap your nakie self up in a bow, and tell him to "have at it"!

nikoeternal.com said...

I think the old pressure cooker would want u to pick urselves up and get right back into the game. I vote for a pressure cooker!