Sunday, July 20, 2008

Maybe I Just Won't Sleep the Night Before


Every time Madonna tours, I have a series of show-related nightmares. And I had another one this weekend.

I wake up 15 minutes before the 8:30 start time. I panic and make a run for it. (In reality, I'm only 15 minutes from Madison Square Garden, so I could run if I had to)

Suddenly I find myself at work. I look at my watch and see that it's now 9:12 - and I've missed the first 45 minutes of the show.

I don't know how I ended up at work, but it's now a matter of finishing up what I'm working on so I can leave. "What am I going to do? Can I get another ticket? Will I have to wait outside the following night?" These are all questions I ask aloud - to myself.

Kathy interrupts me. "Chris, it's 9:12 in the morning."

3 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

i feel your pain

getting the great ticket is exhausting....i'm just too fragile after that to even THINK of the show.

Steven said...

I read the ending and I thought you wrote "Kylie interrupts me" not "Kathy interrupts me."

Now, that would be unsettling.

nikoeternal.com said...

"I can't stop shitting!" - Madonna