Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is This Your First Day On Earth?


I really don't understand why some people are so stupid these days.

CALLER: Can I speak with so-and-so?
ME: Sure.

I transfer the call, but get the dreaded "Do Not Disturb", where it rings me back because that person, as you might guess, would like some privacy. (Note: I HATE this feature. Just forward your phone to voicemail.)

I transfer the call into that person's voicemail, since they can then leave a message. The phone rings again.

IDIOT CALLER: I'm getting XXX's voicemail. Can you give XXX a message that I called?

*blink*

Well, I guess that defeats the purpose of voicemail, stupid.

God only knows what this person does with email.

Idiot.

2 comments:

Hamamama said...

I had DND -- what is the point???? Were they calling for me?

1Letterman said...

Tell them that they have to fax in their requests to leave a message.