Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cringeworthy


It's official: I am "weird."

It's no secret that I use a lot of humor in my daily interactions with people. But sometimes, I wish I had a censor button.

ME: What happened to your arm?
COWORKER: I broke it - I was skateboarding.
ME: At least you were doing something cool when it happened.

*blink*

What the fuck is wrong with me? Is it my socially defective personality that makes me say dumb things? Am I getting old? Or am I so starved for fun that I would easily sacrifice part of my body to have some fun?

Maybe I should have pretended not to see the cast in the first place.

5 comments:

1Letterman said...

Dude,

The people at Propel should send you some sort of sales bonus, because I think I have spit about a case of it onto my new monitor laughing at your posts.

I cracked up.

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with what you said. It was refreshing and hilarious.

At least you didn't say what I would have.

"So, did you hurt your arm?"

Steven said...

That's nothing.

When people come back from a funeral, I always ask them, "So, did you have fun?"

Chris said...

1Letterman - A little alcohol will take that Propel sticky water off your keyboard.

Steven - And do they say, "It was a humdinger, Blanche. We closed the place."

1Letterman said...

I'm not one of these crazy Dice Clay people, but he does have a funeral line that cracks me up.

He goes to funerals, finds the widow, then says..."So, you here with anybody?"

Vidis said...

When someone says that someone died I instinctively reply "are they gonna be ok?" - about the deceased person. It doesn't always go over that well.

Viva faux pas!