Thursday, July 31, 2008

At Least Now I Know What's for Dinner


Excerpt from a Tex-Mex take-out menu.

THIS KIND OF FOOD IS RECOMMENDED BY:
DAILY NEWS - AUGUST 1991
N.Y. MAGAZINE - OCTOBER 1991
N.Y. TIMES - JULY 1992
ZAGAT 1994
ZAGAT 1995


Would you look at those dates? Why even put them there? I'd leave them out of my menu.

Another excerpt:

MEXICAN FOOD is rated No.1 in Ethnic foods. In Keeping with that all our food is made fresh from only natural ingredients and finest herbs and spices. We do not use any artificial spices, chemical spices, M.S.G on Preservatives.

I have no words.

Thanks to Hannah for dropping this on my desk.

2 comments:

nikoeternal.com said...

I bet my left nut that that tex mex restaurant is owned and operated by Chinese people!

1Letterman said...

Give 'em a break. In Mexico, salmonella is a spice.