Friday, May 16, 2008

California, Here I Come

In keeping with the theme of Weddings this week, I'd like to throw my two cents in on the topic of gay marriage, recently legalized in California.

I don't know much about how the economy works, but if we wanted to pull the fuck out of this recession, we would legalize gay marriage all over the country.

Why? Well, consider this: Gays have a lot of expendable income from not having kids "by accident" (plus a default dislike for them), so throwing together a huge, gorgeous wedding would be no problem at all. The economy would see a huge boost practically overnight. And before you know it, monogamy would rule and there would be a decline in AIDS related deaths.

But what do I know? Let's just let the economy falter and blame it on the terrorists, while ignoring alternate energy sources and wasting billions in Iraq. It's the American way.

2 comments:

pcsolotto said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?

Chris said...

Is that a hint for me to buy a lottery ticket?

Point taken.