Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You Mean It's Not Me?


Here's a typical bit of small talk with my mother.

ME: I feel like shit today. I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to rip somebody's head off and kick it down the street into traffic.
MOM: (sing songy voice) It's the weather. It'll pass.
ME: But I almost shoved a stapler into someone's mouth!
MOM: It's the weather!

What? The weather? I don't know about that. Really? I mean, yesterday it was cloudy and rainy and I almost killed someone at the office for no reason, and today it's sunny (yet cold) and I feel like I just finished Phase 1 of the South Beach diet.

Hmm, maybe Momma's onto something there.

2 comments:

Vidis said...

Mums know best, but it's not the weather m8! It's the inane reprobates out there who haven't been taught to considerately cohabitate!

Grrrrr!

Been working on a new song about this... will send it to ya when done ;)

Chris said...

You're a singer? Oh, how I envy you. I hope there will be a dance mix of it for my iPod.