Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Update: McFive Finger Discount


10:30 - Enter McDonalds. Place breakfast order. Note interesting pattern of indifference emerging:

3 weeks ago - Ordered 2 Egg McMuffin sandwiches, hoping to get promotional 2-for-$3.00 price, despite the fact that the promotion has ended. Cashier notices that they ring up 2 for $3.00 and panics. A supervisor is called over, the screen is analyzed and the price is adjusted, so that I pay double.

2 weeks ago - Ordered 2 Egg mcMuffin sandwiches. Different cashier this time. She notices the error, looks at me, shrugs her shoulders, says, "Hey, if that's how it rings up..." I get the discount.

This weekend - Ordered 4 Egg McMuffin sandwiches. Two for me, two for my mother. Third cashier has no reaction at sale price.

I'm hoping to get them for free next weekend.

No comments: