Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Update: Is That What You're Wearing?


I've decided that, come hell or high water, I'm going to go to the gym every day. I don't care that it's still in the 40's, rainy, and doesn't feel like Spring at all, but instead like a warm-ish Winter day that makes you long for the coming of Spring.

So, there I was on Friday night, taking full advantage of the fact that it's nice and quiet at the gym. Quiet enough for me to notice every reflection of my body, and how I have lost all my hard-earned muscle-mass over the winter.

Fucking winter.

But then, I noticed something else. Something that made me wish that I'd brought my camera phone with me to the gym.

It was Ali G.

Now, granted it was not the same Ali G from the HBO series, but close. Real close. Easily a distant cousin.

This is what he wore. Try not to get jealous.
(Click Read More to continue)

One black hi-top sneaker
One red and white hi-top sneaker
Black spandex leggings
Shiny green basketball shorts
A hideous and laughable polyester shirt, with images of dead rappers all over it.
A green do-rag
A yellow sweat band over the green do-rag that made me think they were initially attached.

And he wore all of this without a trace of irony or humor. The scary part was that no one laughed at him. I had to bite my lip and look away. But I couldn't help but stare. It was as if he was swallowed by some NBA players closet and spit out in front of Bally's.

And to think I get self conscious when I pair my gray t-shirt with my navy track pants with the yellow stripe.

To be Continued...

No comments: