Monday, April 14, 2008

Say What 4: God Bless Clorox Wipes


Dear Miss Oblivious 2008

You are sick. You told me this about two weeks ago. It was a persistent "issue" that would not go away, which tells me one thing: It's fucking contageous.

You stop by my work area and cough with your mouth wide open. I take a step back, but I do so casually as I am in the middle of something that requires standing, so as not to offend you.

You also tell me, after coughing in my face, that you don't feel like returning to your floor. Normally, I'd engage you in conversation, but I'm too preoccupied with the fact that you are casually touching things on my desk and I'm trying to keep mental note so that I can disinfect them when you finally leave.

Guess what? I managed to get though the entire winter without getting sick, except for one time. I enjoyed this healthy run very much.

So, please take a moment to raise a hand (left or right, your preference) and cover your mouth when you cough. This is common courtesy. Otherwise, I will mace you.

Thank you.

No comments: