Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why is that SUV Tailing Me?


Dear Carmakers,

I know that, at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the product. The marketing takes a back seat to whether or not the car is stylish, powerful and reliable.

But I think you need to do a little more work in the slogan department.

Pontiac, which I was rooting for with their Solstice and G8, has just taken a few steps back with the overly simplistic tagline, "Pontiac is Car," which has become the butt of jokes all over the internet.

Now comes Ford, with "Ford. Drive One," which to me, sounds a bit sad, as if it originally said, "Ford. Please Drive One," but they came to their senses just before it was sent to the printer.

Seeing as how simple it is to come with a new car slogan these days, I think I'd like to throw in a few of my own ideas.

Let me know what you think.

"Cadillac. Bling-zoom!"

"Hummer. Bam! Smash!"

"Chrysler. All we have left is that building in New York."

"Lincoln. Just put some chrome on it."

"Buick. Nipping at Cadillac's heels for over 100 years."

Should I keep my day job?

No comments: