Monday, March 10, 2008

Two Birds. One Stone.


Dear Inquisitive Chatterbox,

I was thisclose to diving into that tempting pecan pie sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Your sudden appearance saved my ass from getting fatter.

You see, had I stayed, I know that I would have been assaulted with one or more of the following questions:

What is this?
Where did it come from?
Did you make it?
What does it taste like?


A story would have ensued, about your wife and her cooking abilities, and I would be praying for an earthquake. And this is not good for a Monday morning.

So, using the ringing phone as my cover, I bolted out of the kitchen and back to my desk.

Would it be possible for you to work from the kitchen from now on? I have a vacation coming up and need to drop a few pounds.

Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spasiba!!!!!!!

nikoeternal.com said...

Where are u going on vaction u filthy Kim Jong-Il lover? North Korea perhaps? HHHHHMMMMMM?

Chris said...

none of your beezwax.

joe*to*hell said...

i LOVE that you have a category called "food issues"

Chris said...

Oh, then you need to keep reading Joe. You'll probably throw up in your mouth over my Food Disasters.