Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Counting More Than Just Calories


Dear Salad-Maker at Cranberry,

I can add. You can not. I know the salad deal very well: One main ingredient, such as chicken, turkey or salmon, and four toppings for $5.98. It's been like that for an eternity.

Let's rewind the tape.

ME: (hands salad over) Spicy chicken, egg whites, cucumbers, bacon..."

YOU: Dressing?

ME: Don't I get one more?

YOU: (Sighing like I just asked if I could cut ahead of you on line at Duane Reade) Okay.

ME: fresh mozzarrella

I know that you hate me, otherwise you would have tried to explain that I'd made a mistake, or that bacon was now considered a main ingredient.

It's hard enough staying on a diet when it's 16 degrees outside (at noon) and I'm craving a damn bacon cheeseburger at lunch, despite the violent struggle I had with my mysteriously shrunken pants this morning.

Love,
C

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I think we wear the same brand of pants...either that or the dry cleaners shrunk them.

nikoeternal.com said...

Mysteriously shrunken pants? lol
Personally, I would cut out the mozzarella, bacon, spicy chicken, and egg whites, and just have the salad. Vegans Rule! :-P