Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fuck Off, Cancer


Brace for corny impact. This is going to sound like a sappy Oscar acceptance speech, but you'll understand after you read it.

Some of you have been following my mother's battle with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. She was diagnosed in the fall of 2004 and went into remission until the fucker returned with a vengeance in 2006, so that the nightmare started all over again and nearly destroyed a family.

I'm pleased to announce that after a disastrous, fucked-up year of doctor's visits, hospital stays and extreme family dysfunction, she has been diagnosed as "clean as a whistle," by her oncologist, Dr. Greenberg, a humble, brilliant man whom we will be endebted to forever.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the many professionals that have contributed to what I can only describe as a miracle after all she's been put through.

I guess I should also take this opportunity to apologize to my sister, who took on the enormous burden of caring for her. I'm sorry we fought like two pigs in a blanket. I'm sorry I called that hired hit man (thank God he takes cancellations). I'm sorry for acting irrational and childish.

And there you have it. A grown-up post for the first time in my blogging history. It feels weird, like I just woke up and now I'm a lawyer or something.

I don't feel like ranting much today. But then again, I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.

2 comments:

nikoeternal.com said...

Your family has a lot to be thankful for this year :-)

S* said...

That's AWESOME!!! I know that you know that I know what it's like to deal with a sick mom. Don't forget to thank God/lucky stars/good karma/Mo the cancer killing troll!