Monday, November 19, 2007

Big Fish

My Sister: Can you do me a favor?
Me: What?
My Sister: Can you pick up my dry cleaning?
Me: (looks down) I don't see a cast on your leg.
My Sister: Oh, come on. I have leftover lasagna.
Me: Give me the receipt.
My Sister: Here.
Me: (looks at receipt) Oh MY GOD! Did you see this?
My Sister: See what?

Click Read More to find out.




After realizing that this was Grade-A blog source material, I bolted out of the house, eager to see what else was in store. On the two counters, bible phrases were printed out and displayed under glass. As the Korean woman gathered the items, I wanted to ask, "Is there a church in the back as well?" She took the money and said thank you, but I asked for a copy of receipt, praying that it would be clear enough to scan when I got back. My sister was horrified when I told her what I'd done, but I was proud of myself, as if I just caught a big fish. But there are some things that you just can't let get away.