Friday, June 1, 2007

Would You Like It Hard or Soft?


Some of you are aware that I'm currently working on my first book, which I'll be self publishing online (by the end of the year, I promise). The book is a memoir and it follows the misadventures of my stint as a real estate agent during 2004 and 2005. Until yesterday, I was going to use CafePress to distribute it. That was until I found Lulu. Lulu gives me the option of printing in hardcover (with a dust cover), and this makes me giddy. Should I do like the big boys and just print it in more expensive hardover? Or would this make me a pretentious prick? Or should I offer it in paperback with a "limited edition collector's hardcover"? In any event, Lulu's prices are cheaper, so when you buy the book and end up using it to even out the legs on your dining room table, you won't feel so bad. (I guess I shouldn't be doing my own PR, then.)

3 comments:

Slinky Redfoot said...

or, have it in an E-Book, which you can buy from your other site!!

Chris said...

I think Lulu does that too. I will offer it in as many formats as they'll allow.

Steven said...

I'm compiling a series of stories, too.

The tone is supposed to be a comedy, but will probably sound like a horror rip-off.