Monday, January 29, 2007

Grrr, It's Freezing Outside


Ever hear of SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder? I'm thinking that I have the offshoot of that, which would be Seasonal Aggressive Disorder. Symptoms include: extreme irritability, bitterness over having to wear gloves, hypertension, poor sleep habits, addiction to caffeine, and complete lack of focus or patience.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to bitch slap everyone I see--in the subway, on the sidewalk, and in the stores. I guess I (and 8 million other New Yorkers) was spoiled by this mild winter weather, so now that it's here, it just gets me mad. It's like a love interest who finally comes around after turning you away for years. I find that I rarely want to make small talk, I don't want to go to the gym, and if someone asks me how my weekend was, I want to throw my chair at them.

Is this normal? Will it pass? Or will it end in bloodshed and handcuffs?

No comments: